Friday, June 6, 2008

Cinderella (aka 94 yr old Ansel) goes to the Belmont: Our Next Adventure

It’s been three weeks since I posted anything on the blog… for those of you who have been checking back, I’m sorry for the dry spell… It’s been a hectic month.

I’ll do my best to hit the highlights and catch you up to date as we set off on our next adventure… I’m writing this from 30,000 feet above the continental divide as we jet across the country again, thanks to our wonderful friend Jill who provided us with airfare :-)
Sunset at Chicago Midway - Thanks again to our friend Jill who made this possible !!! Fly SWA !!!
Go Big Brown
This time our destination is Elmont, NY (Long Island), home to Belmont Park, where the Belmont Stakes will be run on Saturday June 7. The odds are pretty good that Big Brown might be the 13th Triple Crown winner and Ansel wanted to see it. So again I figured… what are the heck, we better go now while Ansel is still able to travel and see it. So we are giving it a try. I know it’s going to be crazy… the reserved seating is all sold out and they expect 100,000 people to attend. You can still get general admission tickets, which I understand is basically standing room, but I have faith that we’ll do what we have to - we'll get there however early we need to - to find a place to see the race from and I'll keep him safe :-)

We are traveling again with Ansel’s electric horse (scooter) and I think that will make this doable for him.

After the Belmont, Sunday morning we will head up to Cape Cod, so Ansel can meet my family.

So - - I’ll try to get things caught up, and then will try to post every day during this trip.

No comments:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year greetings to everyone

Click on the "Play" button to view a pictoral essay of our year in review.
Click to play Our2008 year in pictures
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow