Friday, June 6, 2008

Detour Mystic Seaport, CT

June 5, 2008
Wednesday night we landed in Providence, RI and in the morning rented a car and drove 95 along the south coast of Connecticut toward NY... On the way, we swung in to Mystic Seaport and poked around a bit... Ansel has never been east of Chicago... he was intrigued by the tiny narrow one lane streets, and the houses being so close together. A lot of them had signs with year of origin and who the original home owner was and their occupation. Most I saw were early 1800's. Not too impressive to me, as there are many homes on the Cape that were built in the early 1700's. The town I grew up in was Incorporated in 1651

For lunch I treated him to a REAL bowl of New England Clam Chowdah!!! We had a very nice habah (harbar) side window table... was sweet to watch the boats go by... I was intrigued by this couple that was trolling by in a Boston Whaler... look who's lounging and who's doing the piloting???
One nice thing about traveling back here is they have gas and fast food at the rest area's on the freeways so you don't have to get off the highway and hunt something... However at the rest area in Conn I was flabbergasted with the toilets... Matt Roloff (little people big world) would be proud... they were at most 14" off the ground. the height of the toilet set was mid calf on me... At first I thought maybe it was just one short pot specifically for dwarfs... so I had to look in several stalls, of them were the same very low height. I don't think I'd ever seen a pot mounted so low. I was too tire to go back to the car to get the camera... so you'll just have to believe me :-)

No comments:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year greetings to everyone

Click on the "Play" button to view a pictoral essay of our year in review.
Click to play Our2008 year in pictures
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow