Friday, February 6, 2009

Bay Shore Park, Chula Vista

Our accomodations in Chula Vista were very nice for $50.00 a night. I was shocked at the price, that included taxes too. They had a common continental breakfast, anad a very nice hot tub which I used every night. Didn't have it in me to try the pool though.
Early every morning I would walk the 1.5 miles down to the Bay Shore Park and out the other side and make a loop back to the room, it would end up being at least 3 miles. My walk took me down past the a Marina Dry Dock business, which is in the left side of the pic, the vacant land in this picture is part of a wildlife sancuary between the hotel and the bay.

The waters there are sooooo blue, the colors are vibrant. The land in the back is Coronado. I was hoping to take a drive across it before we left, but didn't end up with enough time. The pic below is my attempt at a picture with the self timer on my camera sitting on top of a trash receptical.


Ansel and I each have Nextel Direct Connect (cell phone technology walkie talkies) and he can call me anytime there is a cell signal, which I check often. If there is no cell signal I can change them to Direct Talk which gives us a 1-2 mile radius. While his hearing is still a challenge, we have a system of him asking yes and no questions so he can disern my answers. Also if he just chirps, me and doesn't talk, then I check on him. It's our answer to "life alert", which only works with in 100' of your home phone. I also carried the little can of mace with me. It was a very nice area, a snow bird RV park provided lots of walkers in the same area.







No comments:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year greetings to everyone

Click on the "Play" button to view a pictoral essay of our year in review.
Click to play Our2008 year in pictures
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow